"Debra's approach is straightforward, open and honest. She can help any emerging leader, executive, or executive-to-be improve their skills, capabilities, and performance to:
- Eliminate leadership style blind spots
- Manage conflict for successful resolutions
- Collaborate, communicate, and connect with diverse constituents
- Be decisive and execute critical decisions
- Mentor and develop the next generation of leaders"
A Message From Debra Benton...
Eleven commitments you can expect when you hire me as your executive coach:
- You get me as your personal advisor; you are not relegated to anyone else, ever.
- You will be the beneficiary of everything I've learned from the hundreds of CEOs and C-level executives I've successfully coached, consulted with, and been mentored by over the past 30+ years
- Together we will confidentially delve into your past experiences, successes, and setbacks in deep-dive, one-on-one conversations. In those conversations we'll get clarity as to where you are, where you want to go, and what could stop you if not effectively dealt with now.
- You will get pragmatic advice for handling your specific situation and taking the right steps to achieve your goals "10X" better than competent colleagues do it.
- You will not be put through a barrage of aptitude or psych tests.
- With your consent, I will interview five or six people you identify to get opinions that you may not be aware of in terms of your strengths or weaknesses.
- From our continued discussions, we'll develop a roadmap of tangible steps to take now and later. You'll know how to:
- Resolve recurring problems
- Overcome barriers
- Add measurable value to your personal brand
- Manage conflict
- Influence people, even those who don't report to you
- Do things you didn't think were possible
- Think differently than you've been taught
- Set an example for others
- Reflect well on superiors
- Take care of the people entrusted to you
- Surprise yourself
- Throughout our time together, you gain entry onto my calendar whenever you need it. You have unlimited access to me via phone and email for follow-on conversations.
- We intercede before running into significant challenges or rough patches as you assume a new position, take on more responsibility, increase your influence, and gain visibility.
- Together we will set up an approach to measure progress so it is meaningful and sustainable.
- You become a friend and are welcome to call or write me with questions well into the future. Past clients have contacted me two, six, and even twenty years after their coaching programs.
"Benton teaches you how to plan, create, and act to set yourself apart from the competition."
— Carl J., Del Monte Foods
"Debra has been my coach for many years because she provides clear and succinct advice and techniques that have advanced my career."
— Michael G., United Launch Alliance
"Benton shows you how and why to be exceptional."
— Dino F., Property and Environment Research Center
How Executive Coaching Benefits the Entire Organization:
- More productive employees who've learned new ways to: manage conflict, make decisions, lead, influence, and coach others.
- Happier, confident employees who meet their goals and objectives—leading to a healthier, non-toxic culture.
- Better new hires, attracted to the company's positive environment.
- Lower turnover and higher retention of good people.
- Better competitive advantage in the marketplace.
"From one small nuance in a totally different belief we realized an immediate 33% retention."
— Darrel J., AT&T
"Benton provides an insightful treatment on how to achieve and be recognized as a leader...
she has captured the essence of what CEOs are looking for in their employees."
— Larry L., LMCO
Executive Coaching Video Clips
More From Past Clients About Debra Benton's Coaching Expertise:
"You have been the single biggest impact on my career."
— Allison S., Microsoft
"I learned in one day from Debra what would have taken me ten or fifteen years to acquire through sheer experience."
— Janice A., Qwest/CenturyLink
"You offer a thousand helping hands rolled into one. That's the Benton touch."
— Charles B., PricewaterhouseCoopers
"You taught me to think, to look at things from a different perspective --
to open up my mind. I'd tell any new client of yours to be prepared to have a provocative discussion, but in a style that is welcoming."
— Ted W., Setai Corp
"I learned short cuts from you that are priceless. They don't teach you this at school or even at work....
this material is a gold mine to a younger person in the workforce...."
— Sonia M., Covidion